AFRL ML-RCP Partner Institution Strengths & Capabilities
Name: Dr. Godwin Mbamalu
Title: Associate V.P. For Research
Name: Dr. Fouzi Arammash
Title: Chair of CPENG Department
1. Please list the research areas in which your institution currently engages.
Structural materials: Dr. Ming Yin, Ming.Yin@Benedict.edu
Support for operations: Dr. Negash Begashaw, Negash.Begashaw@Benedict.edu
Radio frequency sensing: Dr. Esmail Abuhdima, Esmail.Abuhdima@benedict.edu
High speed systems: Dr. Esmail Abuhdima, Esmail.Abuhdima@benedict.edu
Aerospace vehicles: Dr. Gurcan Comert, Gurcan.Comert@Benedict.edu
Electro-optical sensing: Dr. Esmail Abuhdima, Esmail.Abuhdima@benedict.edu
Layered sending exploitation & enabling sensor devices/components: Dr. Gurcan Comert, Gurcan.Comert@Benedict.edu
Human centered intelligence surveillance & reconnaissance: Dr. Gurcan Comert, Gurcan.Comert@Benedict.edu
2. Please note any research areas of strength not listed above. This may include fundamental sciences (e.g. math, physics, biology, etc.).
Impact of weather conditions on 5G mm-waves and scattering of electromagnetic field from a moving very good conducting complex object: Dr. Esmail Abuhdima, Esmail.Abuhdima@benedict.edu
Optimization, Data Science, and mathematical foundations of machine learning: Dr. Negash Begashaw, Negash.Begashaw@Benedict.edu
Soil Microbial Ecology: Dr. Jessica Furrer, Jessica.Furrer@Benedict.edu
Data Analytics, machine learning, Artificial Intelligence methods, Traffic and connected autonomous systems: Dr. Gurcan Comer, Gurcan.Comert@Benedict.edu
Visualization, Prediction, and exploration of Data: Dr. Naima Naheed, Naima.Naheed@Benedict.edu
Computer Security, Machine learning, and Artificial Intelligence: Dr. Varghese Vaidyan, Varghese.Vaidyan@Benedict.edu
The study of Thermoelectric Materials: Dr. Ming Yin, Ming.Yin@Benedict.edu
3. Are there any emerging areas of research your department/institution is actively seeking to develop?
4. Does your department have any internal research centers or participate in any research consortia?
5. Please provide a list of relevant facilities and equipment.
6. Does your institution have a relationship with any other academic institution or research organization(s) that enables your access to their facilities and equipment?
University of South Carolina and Clemson University. There is collaboration among our faculty and faculty at USC and Clemson so our faculty have access to all needed facilities at USC and Clemson.