Clark Atlanta University
AFRL ML-RCP Partner Institution Capabilities Assessment
Name: Jaideep Chaudhary
Title: Dean, School of Arts and Sciences
Institution: Clark Atlanta University
1. Please select the research areas in which your institution currently engages. Please provide a faculty contact for each area.
Functional materials & applications: Dr. Conrad Ingram (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Ishrat Khan (email@example.com), Dr. Eric Mintz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Xinle Li email@example.com), Dr. Junrui Li (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Please note, in detail, any research areas of strength not listed above. This may include fundamental sciences (e.g., math, physics, biology, etc.).
3. Are there any emerging areas of research your institution is actively seeking to develop?
4. Does your institution have any internal research centers or participate in any research consortia? If so, please describe briefly and if possible include the URL. Please provide a faculty contact for each center:
Center for Cancer Research for Therapeutic Development (Dr. Daqing Wu, email@example.com)
Center of Excellence in Materials Science and Informatics (Dr. Eric Mintz, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cyber Physical Systems Intelligent Machine Cluster (IMC) (Dr. Roy George, email@example.com)
National Data Science Alliance (NDSA) (Dr. Talitha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Please provide a list of relevant facilities and equipment.
6. Does your institution have a relationship with any other academic institution or research organization(s) that enables your access to their facilities and equipment?
Below is the list of collaboration partners. The interactions are based on specific needs and varies by the extent of collaboration.
Appalachian State University
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia State University
Jackson State University
Kennesaw State University
KTSU/Texas Southern University
Morehouse School of Medicine
Morgan State University
The Ohio State University
University of Georgia
University of Minnesota
University of Tennessee at Knoxville
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
University of West Georgia
7. Has your institution collaborated with Department of Defense in the past?
8. Is your institution involved in any federal STEM funding efforts?
9. This program requires documentation (i.e., theses, dissertation, presentations, etc.) to go through the AFRL public affairs review process. Would this present a challenge for your institution?
Research Administration and Compliance
10. Does your institution have an office of sponsored programs?
11. Does your institution have an approval process for seeking extramural funding?
12. Does your institution accept federal award dollars and manage standard fiscal reporting, and compliance requirements?
13. Does your institution provide guidance to PIs for budget development?
14. Does your institution offer proposal development services?
15. Does your institution offer research development services, e.g., assistance with finding research funding, proposal management, team formation/development, etc?
16. Does you institution offer research compliance training and education, i.e., roles and responsibilities of principal investigators?
17. Does your institution have a designated Export Control Officer?
18. Is your institution registered with the US State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls?
19. Does your institution currently perform Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI/ NIST 800-171 compliant) research?
20. Does your institution currently perform research subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations?
21. Does your institution have a DoD Facility Security Clearance (FCL)?
ML-RCP Program Expectations
22. The objective of the AFRL ML-RCP is to enable and enhance the research capabilities of the HBCU’s/MSIs through collaborative research efforts with AFRL. What would be necessary for you to receive to meet this objective?