Morgan State University
AFRL ML-RCP Partner Institution Strengths & Capabilities
Name: Farin Kamangar
Title: Interim Assistant Vice President for Research
Institution: Morgan State University
1. Please select the research areas in which your institution currently engages.
a. Structural materials
b. Support for operations
c. Radio frequency sensing
d. High speed systems: email@example.com
e. Rocket propulsion: Oluwatobi Busari, firstname.lastname@example.org
f. Bio effects
g. Functional materials & applications
h. Manufacturing technology: Seong Lee, email@example.com
i. Electro-optical sensing: Craig Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
j. Layered sending exploitation & enabling sensor devices/components
k. Control, power, & thermal management systems
l. Training & decision making
2. Please note, in detail, any research areas of strength not listed above. This may include fundamental sciences (e.g. math, physics, biology, etc.).
a. No response provided.
3. Are there any emerging areas of research your institution is actively seeking to develop? If available, please provide a faculty contact for each area.
a. No response provided.
4. Does your institution have any internal research centers or participate in any research consortia? If so, please describe briefly and if possible, include the URL. Please provide a faculty contact for each center.
a. Research Centers: - Center for Advanced Electro-Photonics with 2D Materials Cybersecurity Assurance and Policy (CAP)CenterNationalTransportation CenterInstitute for UrbanResearch -
5. Please provide a list of relevant facilities and equipment.
a. See below
6. Does your institution have a relationship with any other academic institution or research organization(s) that enables your access to their facilities and equipment?
a. We have close research collaborations with the Johns Hopkins University Center for Materials in Extreme Dynamic Environments (MEDE), and also with the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST).
7. Has your institution collaborated with Department of Defense in the past?
8. Is your institution involved in any federal STEM funding efforts?
9. This program requires documentation (i.e. theses, dissertation, presentations, etc.) to go through the AFRL public affairs review process. Would this present a challenge for your institution?
Research Administration and Compliance
10. Does your institution have an office of sponsored programs?
11. Does your institution have an approval process for seeking extramural funding?
12. Does your institution accept federal award dollars and manage standard fiscal reporting, and compliance requirements?
13. Does your institution provide guidance to PIs for budget development?
14. Does your institution offer proposal development services?
15. Does your institution offer research development services, e.g., assistance with finding research funding, proposal management, team formation/development, etc?
16. Does your institution offer research compliance training and education, i.e., roles and responsibilities of principal investigators?
17. Does your institution have a designated Export Control Officer?
18. Is your institution registered with the US State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls?
19. Does your institution currently perform Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI/ NIST 800-171 compliant) research?
20. Does your institution currently perform research subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations?
21. Does your institution have a DoD Facility Security Clearance (FCL)?