AFRL Minority Leaders Research Collaboration Program (AFRL ML-RCP)
Partner Institution Capabilities Assessment
West Texas A&M University
The information below was consolidated by The Ohio State University, which has a cooperative agreement with AFRL to develop, administer, and promote the ML-RCP consortium.
1. Please select the research areas in which your institution currently engages.
2. Please note, in detail, any research areas of strength not listed above. This may include fundamental sciences (e.g., math, physics, biology, etc.).
3. Are there any emerging areas of research your institution is actively seeking to develop?
4. Does your institution have any internal research centers or participate in any research consortia?
5. Please provide a list of relevant facilities and equipment.
6. Does your institution have a relationship with any other academic institution or research organization(s) that enables your access to their facilities and equipment?
7. Has your institution collaborated with the ML-RCP in the past?
8. Is your institution involved in any federal STEM funding efforts?
9. This program requires documentation (i.e., theses, dissertation, presentations, etc.) to go through the AFRL public affairs review process. Would this present a challenge for your institution?
Research Administration and Compliance
10. Does your institution have an office of sponsored programs?
11. Does your institution have an approval process for seeking extramural funding?
12. Does your institution accept federal award dollars and manage standard fiscal reporting, and compliance requirements?
13. Does your institution provide guidance to PIs for budget development?
14. Does your institution offer proposal development services?
15. Does your institution offer research development services, e.g., assistance with finding research funding, proposal management, team formation/development, etc.?
16. Does you institution offer research compliance training and education, i.e., roles and responsibilities of principal investigators?
17. Does your institution have a designated Export Control Officer?
18. Is your institution registered with the US State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls?
19. Does your institution currently perform Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI/ NIST 800-171 compliant) research?
20. Does your institution currently perform research subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations?
21. Does your institution have a DoD Facility Security Clearance (FCL)? If Yes:
a. What is the FCL’s classification level? No response available.
b. What is the FCL’s authorized safeguarding level? No response available.
c. How many safeguarding-approved spaces do you manage? No response available.
d. What is your facility’s CAGE Code(s)? No response available.
ML-RCP Program Expectations
22. The objective of the AFRL ML-RCP is to enable and enhance the research capabilities of the HBCU’s/MSIs through collaborative research efforts with AFRL. What would be necessary for you to receive to meet this objective?